Saturday, April 18, 2015

Ten Quick Thankfuls

I'm behind on my A to Z Challenge reading. I know I will GET behind in my 10 Things of Thankful reading (technically, I already am, because I know plenty of TToT posts have already been, well, posted, but if I haven't SEEN the list of posts, then does it really exist?). If I can get MY TToT posted, then I can have a whole day to read, read, READ. So here goes:

1. It's spring. It rains. But it DIDN'T rain the two afternoons I was working my side job with the photographer, taking pictures of little basketball players one day and middle school track teams the other day.

2. In spite of all the rain, my ant count remains low. Sunday-Tuesday, I had no ants. Wednesday-Friday I saw one ant each day (don't try to tell me if I saw one there had to be more; that's my story and I'm sticking to it). 


This has nothing to do with my TToT, but I don't really have any
pictures to use to illustrate my post this week. This is a project
I did with my primary kids. It's the Very Hungry Caterpillar.
It was very messy, but it turned out pretty cute.


3. Thankful for peppermint essential oil. See #2.

4. I misplaced a credit card, and after about 24 hours of panic, I found it in the pocket of a pair of pants that were hanging in my closet. Crisis averted.

5. I'm thankful for super comfy mattresses in hotels. I'm lying on one now that I would like to tie on top of my car and take home with me.

6. Volleyball tournaments that are far enough out of town that you can justify staying in a hotel. Because it's fun to stay in a hotel!

7. I'm continuing to enjoy doing the A to Z Challenge. This week, I've learned how to make an awesome pendant, cleaned my stove burners (while at the same time burning the lining from my airways with ammonia fumes) and found a special, special use for eucalyptus essential oil. 

8. I'm also thankful for thing I learned NOT to do again, thanks to my A to Z Challenge. I won't be making oatmeal in the crockpot overnight again, or at least, not for myself. My husband actually LIKED the stuff!

9. I'm thankful that my daughter's club volleyball team is made up of such a great group of girls and their parents! We're all going out to dinner tonight (sorry for that in advance, Chili's). Girls, parents, coaches. And it will be lovely!


Jump, #4!


10. I'm planning to eat ice cream tonight. I haven't told anyone else this, but it's true. After we have dinner with the team, I'm stopping somewhere for ice cream on our way back to the hotel. I really love ice cream.

That's it. That's my list for this week. Now I'm off to dinner. And then ice cream. And then a comfy hotel bed. Link up, link up, link up!




Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group

18 comments:

  1. Pendant. I gotta go find p. Well...the letter p...am d maybe some ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream is the best thing ever in the whole world! Ever!
    I've been enjoying your A-Z posts too. You've helped me so much by showing which to never bother trying. Thank you.
    Nothing like a good mattress. Sure missed mine when I woke up in pain every morning at my parents'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ice cream too much.
      So glad to be of service to you :)
      I love our mattress after (most) trips, not because it's that comfortable but it's that familiar. I'd be happy to have the one from the hotel, but I didn't think I could sneak it out.

      Delete
  3. Photography side job? Awesome!
    Hurray for traveling volleyball teams. I agree. There's something special about staying in a nice hotel even for one or two nights. It's like a mini-vacation!
    Um...oatmeal in a crock pot? Overnight? Sounds scary to me! lol
    Ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M not the photographer. I just take the orders and sometimes help pose. It's fun, though.
      Also hurray for the LAST of the traveling volleyball!
      It was gluey at best.
      Mmmmm! Ice cream!

      Delete
  4. My daughter is going on a vacation with her boyfriend, and you can bet she's going to be packing eucalyptus oil in her bag. I'm glad you are away and having fun with Emma's basketball team. Ice cream is my favorite to. Love the Caterpillar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eucalyptus oil is really a miracle, just like the post says.
      The caterpillar was one of those things that was more complicated than I realized after I got into the project, but it was too late by then.

      Delete
  5. I'm heading to my health food store tomorrow to buy some peppermint essential oil because I'm sure as shooting that the little buggers are going to start marching in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if it works for you! It's been two weeks now, and I seem to be ant-free.

      Delete
  6. I recognized the very hungry caterpillar before I even read the caption. That turned out so cute!
    I am way behind in reading on the A to Z challenge posts, too. I really think that May will be a good month for reading.
    Enjoy your ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of the Very Hungry Caterpillar. Kyle adored that book!
      I can't even get replies written to comments, let alone keep up with reading. And I started out so well!

      Delete
  7. Excellent posts! I am enjoying your A to Z posts so far. I am going to have to try that burner cleaning trick.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tim! The burner thing was pretty awesome. Smelly, but awesome!

      Delete
  8. Ice cream in a hotel room! I hope that you enjoyed your over night trip with your daughter. Way to keep the ants at bay. We usually get them once a year. Little buggers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very pleasant weekend, thank you! Ants are creepy and disgusting. Try the peppermint oil if you get ants. I'd love to know if it works for other people.

      Delete