Sunday, April 14, 2024

Frankly, My Dear and Other Thankfuls

April is halfway over tomorrow. Already! It's been a busy bloggy month with the A to Z Challenge AND the TToT, but I'm still hanging in there (barely) with both. If April is the cruelest month, it's only because it's BUSY.

1. The eclipse was pretty cool, and I'm thankful we lived in an area where we got 95% coverage. It didn't get as dark as I expected it would, given the dire warnings on all the news sources, but it did look like it was about to storm at the peak of the eclipse.

2. I'm thankful for the timing of the eclipse (thanks, Sun and Moon, for coordinating that), because it was during nap time at school. We gave every worker who wished to experience it the time to go outside and take in the view, and we had plenty of glasses to share.

Nikki and I enjoying how nice our necks look with
our heads tipped up like this to view the eclipse


3. Eclipse glasses reminds me to be thankful for my husband for going on the search for them the week before the eclipse, so we weren't scrambling to find them or getting price gouged over them.

4. I'm thankful for my friend Nikki for SOOOO many reasons, but this week, it was for helping with what turned out to be practically nothing but that I had built up to gargantuan proportions.

5. I'm also thankful she is going to go with me to get our toes did this week (you reading this, Nikki? My chips have chips!).

6. I got the opportunity to see "Gone With The Wind" at the movie theater this week, and I convinced three of my co-workers to go with me. If you've only seen it on a tv, you have no idea how spectacular this movie is on the big screen! It was Nikki's first time to see it at all, and she was not a fan of Scarlett O'Hara. Turns out, two of us were and two of us were not. Do you know which one I am? By the way, if you want to read about the FIRST time I saw Gone With The Wind, you can read it right here.

As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again!


Roll film, we're ready!

7. My class can drive me NUTS, but then there are other times when they make my heart melt. This week, as we were transitioning from lunch and potty time to our cots for naps (chaotic at BEST), a couple of them started singing, then a few more chimed in, and before I knew it, the sweet sounds of their voices filled the room. I asked them if they would like to sing a few songs every day before we turn out the lights and hear our bedtime story, and they unanimously said yes. Their favorite songs? Itsy, Bitsy Spider, Down By The Station, Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, Five Little Ducks. You know, typical children's songs. Oh, and the Mickey Mouse Club Theme Song. They have no idea what the Mickey Mouse Club was (and it was before my time, too, but I saw it in re-runs), but they LOVE it. So stinkin' cute!

8. My son and daughter in law celebrated their third wedding anniversary this week. I'm so thankful they found each other! 

9. My husband and I are in Kansas City this weekend to cat sit our grandcat Calvin while our daughter is out of town. We left our three cats home alone to come take care of the Little Prince. It was a good excuse to spend the weekend in KC and attend church in person, though, so we will come up and cat sit any time we can! 

10. Saturday, my husband and I spent the day going to thrift stores and looking for treasures, after a stop at Target for underpants because someone forgot to pack any and was NOT comfortable  going commando any longer than it took to go to the store, buy the underpants, and put them on in the women's bathroom.... We also had a fabulous Italian meal for lunch. KC friends - go to Nico & Ana's in Overland Park the first chance you get!

Baked rigatoni. Ahhh!


There is still plenty of time to join the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop. It doesn't end until midnight tonight! Let's go!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. #7 is precious! The last step in bedtime routine with the grandchildren was the singing of "Swing Low," and they still ask for that at nighttime whenever we are together.

    Happy anniversary to your son and daughter-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little ones singing. And I like my neck from that angle too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3rd anniversary... no way. (Internet time is different than real life time)... but then again, it also provides the evidence that online friends are no different than olden-days friends: "And remember the time... and wasn't that graduation something..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many things to be thankful for - from the world to food; from family & friends to "co-workers" singing. Life is amazing to life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That solar eclipse wasn't visible in India. I have read 'Gone with the wind'. But not seen the movie.

    ReplyDelete