Wednesday, April 26, 2023

V is for Vanderpump This

 

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter V


My husband loves reality tv shows. I don't. Below Deck. Married At First Sight (American and Australian versions). Love Is Blind. The Bachelor (I swear he isn't a college girl). He claims he watches them because they're so ridiculous, but he seems awfully invested for someone who's just getting a hoot out of them.

He started watching Vanderpump Rules a few weeks ago because there was some scandal about a couple of the characters (characters? players? cast members?). The show is in Season 10. I suggested if he's so interested in the show that he start with Season 1, as he has missed TEN YEARS of character development. His answer to that was to watch Season 9 and then continue to watch the new episodes of Season 10 as they are released. 

I can't explain why this irritates the crap out of me, but it does.

We are in the same room when he is Vanderpumping, so I see bits and pieces of the show, but if I ask him a question about a character, he doesn't know the answer. Why? BECAUSE HE WON'T GO BACK AND WATCH FROM THE BEGINNING.

Guess what I've been doing?

Secretly watching Vanderpump Rules from the very beginning. It's my new guilty pleasure. And now I know things he doesn't. 

Shhhh!




2 comments: