Sunday, January 1, 2023

Onward And Upward!

This weekend marks both the end of the old year and the beginning of the new one, so I'm going to write this weekend's Ten Things of Thankful post to reflect both. Ready?

Ten thankfuls for 2022:

1. In spite of mask wearing, vaccinations and boosters, and generally avoiding people as much as possible, I had Covid in February, but it was a very mild case, and my husband didn't catch it from me, either.

2. We had an uneventful tornado season. I don't even remember having a single tornado warning, now that I think about it. Here's hoping that continues into this year!

3. I participated in the A to Z Challenge this year, which is a lot of work but a lot of fun, if you've never done it before. (Spoiler alert: going to do it again this April!)

4. My daughter moved from her sketchy apartment building in Kansas City to an apartment in the attic of a house just west of the Plaza. In spite of the 35 serpentine steps from the sidewalk to her door, it's a much better (and safer!) place for her and Calvin, her big, orange cat.

5. I went to Nashville in May to visit my Person for the first time since before Covid. There was much laughing and talking and eating and problem solving, and it was perfect!

6. Yes, the summer was entirely too hot, but my husband and I took advantage of the heat (and the proximity of the lake house) and visited White Water water park nearly every weekend all summer. Thanks to having season passes, we could run out there for just an hour or two in the late afternoon and cool off before bed.

7. The reason we needed to cool off before bed when we were at the lake house was because the HVAC unit had been on the fritz for a year, and after giving up on the company that installed it and was supposed to fix it (as it was still under warranty when things started going wrong), my dad contacted a different repairman who was able to resolve the problems. Air conditioning AND heat whenever needed! Woo hoo!

8. My son and daughter in law are now in their second year of residencies and doing well. We visited them in October, and my son got to come home for a visit for a few days in December. I don't get to see them as much as I would like, but I will take what I can get!

9. After attending Community Christian Church in Kansas City for over a year virtually (and in person when visiting KC), my husband and I joined the church in November. And if you think you can't get the feeling of having a church family by attending church virtually, let me assure you that the chat feature on YouTube is a terrific form of fellowship! It took me several months of visiting virtually before I was brave enough to join in on the chat, but I'm so glad I finally did!

10. I attended my very first professional football game this fall by going to a nail biter of a Kansas City Chiefs game! Oh, and they won!

And now for 2023? I'm hoping for more. I'm hoping to read more, write more, pray more, love more, learn more, dream more, breathe more, move more, grow more. Aaaaand here I go!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. Any apparent fulfillment of my stated New Year's Resolutions are definitely planned, and any observers or witnesses are asked to kindly refrain from laughing and otherwise expressing: 'Yeah, right!

    Have an excellent, boring-weather New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your retrospective made me smile, we have so many blessings, don't we.

    I pray you have a blessed and beautiful 2023, and thank you so much for hosting the hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi! You always make my day with your comments!

      Delete