Sunday, May 29, 2022

I Made It!

I totally missed last week's Ten Things of Thankful because I was on a mini vacay to Nashville, and in light of the heart wrenching shooting in Uvalde, Texas, I didn't think I could write anything positive with so much negative in our midst. Then I realized that's exactly why we have the TToT in the first place. There is always something for which to be thankful. Here is my list:

Due to Covid, it had been almost three years since I was able to go to Nashville and spend time with my Person, Terri, but I finally got to go week before last.

I'm thankful for the vaccines and boosters that have helped bring down the number of infected individuals. May we continue to see the numbers decrease.

Terri and I had lunch with our dear friend Larry. He was two days post-op from hernia surgery and rallied enough to meet us for an hour or so. 




There have been so many changes to Nashville since I lived there, one of them being the house I lived in was torn down so a high rise condo could be built, and I did cry when I saw it, but other places have remained the same, namely, my favorite place to eat, San Antonio Taco Company.

Terri and I talked and laughed and ate and it filled my friendship cup to overflowing.

I got to hit my very first golf ball! I am not a natural (and if you watch the video, below, you will see that for yourself), but I had SO MUCH FUN at Top Golf and am thankful I happened to be in Nashville at the right time to participate in this event.




It was hard to say goodbye and leave, especially now that we know things like pandemics can come along and throw a wrench in any and all plans, so to make myself feel better, I stopped at one of my favorite spots along the way, the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers.




My little nugs missed me when I was gone, and I missed them.




Pre-K graduation was Thursday night. It had been rescheduled to that day due to (what else?) Covid, I went home to change clothes and feed the cats and otherwise piddle around the house before driving back to the campus for the program. When I walked in the door a few minutes before 6:00 for the 6:30 ceremony, the only person I saw was my friend Julie. Imagine my surprise when I realized no one else was in the lobby because they were all seated inside the auditorium for the graduation that was to begin in two minutes. Guess I should read my emails a little more carefully, but I didn't miss the program, so all's well that ends well.

My husband, daughter and I are enjoying a relaxing Memorial Day weekend at the lake house with four cats and no air conditioning.







You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. You have discovered the secret. Not everything that happens is good, but there is good in every day. Have a blessed Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete