Thursday, July 9, 2015

Pound: A Six Sentence Story


They sat in the living room, he in his recliner, laptop open, fingers tapping, as she sat in her chair nearby. 

"Were the kids using my laptop recently," he asked, "because they left it open to some rather diverse sites?"

"Oh?" she answered, her eyes dropping as she picked up a book from the table next to her chair, opening and closing it a few times before letting it lie in her lap.

"Yes, they've looked up funny kitten videos and something called a chubby bunny challenge and where you can buy cyanide by the pound. Why would anyone want to buy a pound of cyanide, anyway?" he asked.

"I can't imagine, but you need to drink your tea before it gets cold," she answered, and she picked up her book from her lap, and with a small sigh, opened it once again and prepared to wait.

Linking up with Ivy at Uncharted for Six Sentence Stories with the prompt "pound."


28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Frist, indeed. Thank you for keeping out of no-comment hell.

      Delete
  2. LOL....Should I be watching David a little more carefully? ;-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He just read this post and sent me a text that said "WTF?!"

      Delete
  3. A POUND! HOLY COW! That is one serious killer! Hoping to take out some rats as well perhaps!? Who knew little sunshine Dyanne could be so sinister!? amazing! Cool story! THanks for linking in... remind me to never drink tea with you! Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do I know about buying cyanide? It's not like I can do a bunch of Google research, ya know :)
      Pollyanna has a dark side....

      Delete
  4. Arsenic and Old Lace comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I am reading a lot of stories about wives off ing their hubbies! That is gonna be one heck of a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. I can see the wife sitting innocently in her chair, perhaps humming. What a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Good one! You've surprised everyone Dyanne. Who knew? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I'm SO BAD to LAUGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pound should just about do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehehehehe me laughing like I know a secret --- :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's so cold about it that she sounds scary!

    ReplyDelete