Note: Mother Nature isn't completely through with us, yet. A cold front is in the forecast for Sunday night, bringing temperatures down to the upper 20s by Monday night with a chance of a wintry mix, but IT WON'T LAST, BECAUSE IT'S SPRIIIIIING!
Here's my Ten Things of Thankful, Spring Edition:
1. The daffodils and forsythia are still in bloom, slowly giving way to tulips and phlox. The iris leaves are up and should be blooming before too long.
2. There is green grass, unless you have that ugly zoysia like we do, which is the last to turn green in the spring and the first to turn brown in the fall. But OTHER people have green grass!
3. Green grass brings lawn mowing. I LOOOOOVE the smell of freshly cut grass!
4. It's light in the evenings!
5. The mornings are still dark, but the days are definitely getting longer, and soon we'll have sunny mornings AND evenings.
6. Open windows.
7. Kitties in open windows.
|Fletcher and Ruby, bird watching|
8. Flip flops and capri-length pants.
9. The traditional putting away of the winter clothes has been completed.
10. I recently received a super cool prize from the delightful Sarah Summerlin of Amycake and the Dude for winning the Name The Owner Of The Green Eyes contest here.
Get it? COOL PRIZE? ICE CUBE TRAY? And they're butterflies! MORE SPRING STUFF TO ENJOY!
How's Spring treating you? Count to ten and put 'em right here.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude</ a>, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal</ a>, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine