Daddy, won't you take me back
To Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River
Where paradise lay?
Well, I'm sorry, my son
But you're too late in askin'
Mr. Peabody's coal train
Has hauled it away
Every time. Never gets old. Well, not to me. It does to anyone in the car with me, especially since the railroad track goes diagonally across the entire town, and you stand a pretty good chance of running into that train four or five times if you're headed across town as it goes through.
Sooo, Ten Things of Thankful? Coming right up!
1. The week went by fast.
2. Pumpkin Parties were this week at preschool, which is why #1 is #1.
3. The preschool staff Halloween costume theme this year was Nursery Rhymes, so we were Three Blind Mice in my room. Best. Costume. Ever. Assistant teacher Janet's husband made us canes out of dollar store mop handles, we wore gray shirts and leggings, mouse ears, a tail and sunglasses. I had a terrific time being a blind mouse. Ask anyone.
4. Little Debbie Devil Creme cakes. I used to think Swiss Rolls were my favorite, but I'm pretty sure they just fell to second place after experiencing a Devil Creme cake (and a half) at Thursday's Pumpkin Party.
5. I wrote a post this week! And it felt good. It's been a long time. Too long.
6. My sweet high school friend Ruth even commented on Facebook when I posted the link to my blog post that she had missed my writing. Ruth always knows the right thing to say. Always.
7. I'd make this thankful that I haven't seen a live flea in 24 hours, but I don't want to jinx it. Pretend I didn't say it.
8. This is pretty big, I think. Emma was officially accepted at the University of Arkansas. We have a Razorback in the house!
9. DAMMIT. Just found a live flea on Nora. This is NOT a thankful. I REPEAT. THIS IS NOT THANKFUL.
10. I bought Halloween candy that I don't like, so no worries that I'll eat half of it before Monday night.
Find your thankfuls and link up with us! May yours be flea-less.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine