Sunday, February 26, 2023

Thar She Blows!

The storms that hit the west coast two days ago is now barreling across the country and expected to be here by midnight tonight, so I guess I'd better get this Ten Things of Thankful post written now before I have to do it while hunkering in the basement (let's hope not, mkay?).


We got some much-needed outside time the first part of the week. I'm not sure you realize what it's like to have 16 two and three year olds inside a room all day long, but you're welcome to come visit my class and see for yourself! 

We try to go outside every day, but as that isn't always possible (this week brought buckets of rain followed by a couple of cold, windy days), you gotta get creative. We do obstacle courses, make messy process art, and this week, we got the light tables out, which are more fun when it's a dark, cloudy day anyway.




I have been invited to join a national service sorority for women educators. I've attended several meetings with the group, but the one this week was truly lots of fun, and I'm happy that I am going to be part of it.

Guilty pleasure: watching "Married At First Sight (Australia)" with my husband.

My tuxedo cat, Lewis, has been bringing hats, mittens, SIX FOOT LONG SCARVES, teddy bears, socks, and sewing materials to my bedroom from various parts of the house. The scarf traveled up a flight of stairs and down the hall. No one knows where the teddy bear was previously, but it had belonged to my son. We don't know why he is doing this, but we are taking it as a sign of love.

My calico, Nora Pearl, just brought me a sock. Guess she's learned something from her brother.

May I remind you these are CATS and not dogs.

So this happened: my husband, who works from home, had to go out of town for the day. I am rarely in my house alone, so I hustled home from work just to enjoy being all by myself for a couple of hours. As I was unlocking the door, the (very old, as in 100 year old house) screen door rested against my back, BUT I was wearing a long sweater with an open weave, and a rough spot on the door snagged my sweater in the middle of my back just as I pushed the door open. So now the alarm is going off, and I am stuck tight to the screen door and can't get to the keypad to turn the alarm off and can't get the sweater freed from whatever it snagged on (the door got me in a spot that made it impossible to pull my arms out of the sweater to get free, before you ask). I just bought the sweater the day before, so I really didn't want to ruin it. Just as it was looking as though the police were going to be showing up and finding me tethered to the door and trying to prove it is, indeed, my house, all the while frantically trying to get loose, I unsnagged the sweater and was free! 

Bonus; no discernible snag in the sweater!

One more story about my nugs, but it IS a thankful! One of my students had a birthday on Friday and brought cupcakes for snack. Half of them had pink frosting and half of them had black frosting, which was cute unless you know what black frosting does to one's digestive tract (bright blue frosting as well): it turns the poop a shocking green color. I was sure thankful it was Friday and the frosting would be out of their systems for their parents and not while they were at school!



The wind is picking up. Time to sign off and unplug the stuff that isn't enhanced by lightning. Hope everyone in the path of the storm gets through it safely!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the sweater survived and the police did not come.

    Black frosting is weird to me.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete