Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Blogging From A to Z Challenge: Theme Reveal 2022

When my son was about 7, he decided he no longer wished to participate in the church Christmas pageant. We did attend the performance, however, and partway through the program, he leaned over to me and said with a heavy sigh, "I'm feeling the 'L' word." I looked at him blankly and asked what the "L" word was, and he sadly said, "Left out."

I get it. 

I've participated in the annual Blogging from A to Z Challenge five times since my first one in 2014. The years I didn't join the Challenge, I definitely felt the "L" word myself. 

I'm not sure how I think I'm going to pull it off, especially considering I am host of the weekly blog hop Ten Things of Thankful and barely (and often not) keeping my head out of water with it, but by golly, I'm not going to feel the "L" word THIS time!

This year, I am going to eat my way through the alphabet by making foods that correspond with each letter of the alphabet, accompanied by badly staged photographs and maybe some taste tests and, of course, the recipes. 

Come back and see if I can pull it off, starting Friday, April 1, with "A is for (fill in the blank). No, really, fill in the blank for me! Like all of them! I have not planned anything yet!



Not shown: lemon juice spatters, counters covered with
powdered sugar, spilled flour, butter wrappers, and
many, many dirty bowls and utensils



16 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Fun or a number of disasters, big and small! Time will tell!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I am going to have a very full belly after this theme! :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome

    ..am attempting this year too. Hoping to last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay! I'm glad you're joining in! You can do this, Afshan! I'm cheering you on!

      Delete
  5. Recently I was alone for ten days and took care of my food. So interesting to read something on the topic. Look forward to your posts.
    Theme revealed. A to Z - Activities, Competencies, Education and Training of Engineering Supervisors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to have a lot of fun with the challenge!

      Delete
  6. Just try. Be glad you aren't down here where your choices for A would include alligator sauce piquant or andouille. You can just make a home-made applesauce or apple butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure I can pass on the alligator! I think my very first A to Z Challenge post 7 years ago was "A is for Applesauce!"

      Delete
  7. I alwasy love me a foody challenge!
    Keep at it! If you are considering taking part, it means you can do it! Your subconscious knows it ;-)

    @JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter - Theme Reveal - Enter the New Woman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping to have fun and maybe find a few new recipes to enjoy. Or else I have fun and they end up being science experiments gone wrong!

      Delete
  8. It's a great theme. I am looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete