1. I am thankful my friend Lizzi made me an AWESOMESAUCE blog button this week. Check out those lemons!
2. I am thankful that I picked up a couple extra turkeys when they were on sale around Thanksgiving, because I baked one today, and we enjoyed turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy for supper last night. Yes, in July.
3. I'm thankful my daughter actually DOES read my blog, because she always says she doesn't, even though that means she now knows there was a dead mouse in the closet.
4. I'm thankful that Pete wanted to be a lap kitty today. He's not usually like that with me, and I don't have enough lap to make it a particularly comfortable experience for either of us (especially me), but the effort was appreciated.
|There's way more Pete than lap.|
5. I am thankful my daughter is continuing to learn to play the ukulele. When she practices, I feel a little bit like I am in a Bruno Mars video.
6. I'm thankful I didn't fall and break something vital earlier today when I stepped on a white cutting board that was in the middle of my white tile kitchen floor and it flew out from under me. Why was there a cutting board in the middle of my kitchen floor, you ask? Because my husband put it there, so the cat could eat the bits of turkey that were left on it after he sliced some to make a turkey sandwich. His response to my screams was, "I thought you would be able to see it on the floor." But my hands were full of glasses and dishes and such from the family room (left by someone who lives here for 19 more days [not me, though the thought is tempting]), and I wasn't aware that I needed to keep my eyes peeled for cutting boards on the kitchen floor at ANY time. Silly me.
7. I'm thankful I finally cleared level 158 in Candy Crush, because that sucker was going to kill me.
8. I'm thankful that Fletcher had enough sense to come out of the bathroom cabinet where he was napping and yak up his hairball on the tile floor instead of on the towels inside the cabinet.
|Fletcher also felt the need to be in my lap.|
9. I am thankful for unseasonably cool weather today (hey, I like summer better than winter, but I'm no fool).
10. I'm thankful I finally used up the ginormous bottles of shampoo and conditioner that I thought would be better than what I was already using (it wasn't) and have now gone back to the old stuff that worked JUST FINE. Redken All Soft, if you're curious.
And now, because it made me laugh out loud when it popped up in my Facebook sidebar this week, I leave you with this t-shirt design: