* * * * * * * * * *
Uh, I'm Pete, and I am guest posting today for 10 Things of Thankful, at the insistence of my human mom. (She's actually the only mom I've really known. I was only 8 weeks old when she brought me home from the humane society 8 years ago.) It has been implied that I am less than grateful for what I have. It was strongly suggested that I assess my situation and give thanks where thanks is due, so here goes:
1. I'm thankful for the 24/7 buffet in my kitchen. As long as my feeder is full, that is. I get a little uneasy when I can see the bottom of my bowl.
2. I'm thankful for my kitteh brother, because he's a complete wimp. So easy to beat the snot out of him whenever the mood strikes me.
3. I'm thankful for this chair:
4. I'm thankful for my comfy bed, even if it has shrunk a bit over the years:
5. I'm thankful for a good belly rub. Not too rough. Not too easy. You'll know when I've had enough....
6. I'm thankful for laser pointers. Are those things fun, or what?!
7. I'm thankful for catnip toys, especially my banana, which was a gift from my Uncle Phil.
8. I'm thankful to be an indoor cat, because it's scary as hell outside. Until I got too
9. I'm thankful for my human sister. I greatly enjoy tormenting her in the mornings. I really love lying on her back when she's sleeping, licking the inside of her ear and lying on her hair and pinning her down. Good times!
10. I'm always thankful for a clean litterbox. Because what's more fun than watching your mom clean out the old litter, wash out the box, refill it and walk away, thinking job well done, then running over and pooping right in the middle of all that beautiful, clean litter? And know what else is fun? Throwing a whole bunch of the fresh litter onto the floor, scooping it into a pile, and then pooping right there on that little litter mountain. MY MOM LOVES THAT!
Okay, I have a lot to be thankful for. Lesson learned. NOW, PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME WEAR THAT STUPID TIE EVER AGAIN!