Saturday, March 30, 2024

Out Like A Lamb!

Man, oh, man, March flew by! It's currently being a lamb, with warm temps and a cool breeze coming in the open windows (I had to define that, as I live in a 100 year old house and there is every likelihood that a cool breeze might be coming in through CLOSED windows). And being the weekend, it's time for the last Ten Things of Thankful for March:

1. Speaking of my 100 year old home, we got some much-needed work done on it this month that was finished on Friday. Our house is a Tudor-style, and many (okay, most) of the timbers needed to be repaired or replaced. That is done, and we are much poorer for it, but the house looks so nice! We still have things that need repaired or replaced (some of which we might actually be able to afford to do), but one thing at a time.

Old photo but only one I could find at the time


2. The four-legged inhabitant of our attic is now on the outside, and his place of ingress and egress is sealed over. We are 99% sure it was a squirrel (and that's according to the exterminator and not to any actual sightings). It's been disconcerting to hear little footsteps thundering across the ceiling above us, and all of us (including the cats) are happy for that chapter of life to end.

3. I haven't been that into March Madness this year until I learned of University of Iowa's Caitlin Cook not only becoming the all-time women's NCAA Division I scoring leader, but also making the most career points in Division I history for women AND men, breaking Pete Maravich's record that was set in 1969. We watched the game where she broke the record, and then we have continued to watch her all month. What an athlete she is! 

Caitlin Cook, University of Iowa

4. Made it through this week at school with a full moon and Easter activities all in the same week.

5. My assistant teacher Heidy is leaving me for an opportunity she couldn't pass up, and I'm happy for her, but definitely feeling sorry for me. The good news is we are going to be forever friends AND she's going to sub at our school this summer.

6. Peeps were on sale at Target.

7. When you are navigating life with a cantankerous octogenarian, it sure is handy to have a son who is a physician!

8. Scored a gorgeous, practically new Vera Bradley duffle bag today at a thrift store. Only $24! Yowza!

9. Typically, we attend church on-line, as we belong to Community Christian Church in Kansas City but live 130 miles to the south. If I COULD, I would drive up to KC every weekend to attend in person, but our on-line chat every week is fun and sometimes rowdy, and it's still a special time with my church family. We attended Good Friday services this weekend IN PERSON. It's such a moving and meaningful service, made even more so by being right there in the building. Tomorrow is Easter. Will I make it to sunrise service or will it be the 10:30 one? Either way, it will be a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus and the knowledge that He died for us so we may have eternal life with Him.

10. Not sure if this really is a thankful or not, but I'm going to participate in the A to Z Challenge again this year. "How can that be?" you say. "She can't keep up with the TToT. How is she going to do it AND the A to Z?"  I DON'T KNOW. But here's to trying. First A to Z entry will be Monday, April 1. Follow my blog or look for the posts on my Facebook page if you want to read along.

Let's see those thankfuls! Write yours, link them up, and join the hop! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

  1. Oh, yes. A physician at home can be an advantage.
    I am there too for the A to Z Challenge. Look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're doing the A to Z again this year! I look forward to reading your posts!

      Delete
  2. "Little by little" is our theme when it comes to home projects. There's always something that needs attention!
    I look forward to reading your A to Z posts each year. I'm hoping I survive the challenge. :-)
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home projects are never ending, aren't they?! I'm so happy you are doing the A to Z this year! I will never forget the year your wrote an alphabet book! Happy Easter!

      Delete
  3. I hear you on the cantankerous octogenarian, although in our case he is, unfortunately, also the physician. Makes things very interesting.

    It's a great idea to try the A to Z, all of us can only try.

    A blessed and beautiful Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oof, that's kind of bad luck when the octogenarian is also the physician! I'm sure you and I could trade stories just about these two fellows for HOURS. I saw you were signed up for the A to Z, too! Looking forward to your posts, Mimi! Happy Easter!

      Delete
  4. Another fun post by our devoted leader!

    ReplyDelete