Sunday, January 9, 2022

Back To Work We Go!

It was back to school after Christmas break this week, and while I have said it before and will say again that I was born to be a woman of leisure, I do love my job and was glad to get back to a normal schedule, particularly one that didn't include eating every five minutes. How's that for number one of this week's Ten Things of Thankful? I agree! On to number two!

2. Almost all of my little nugs were happy to see me! 

3. I rearranged my classroom, and after much experimentation, I THINK I finally got it where I want it. I need to document this change with photos, but I have to dump about a thousand photos off my camera roll on my phone before I can take any new ones. Someone remind me, k?

4. Another Chiefs win!

5. All* the Christmas stuff is put away for another year.

*okay, with the exception of the candles in the windows, because I like them longer than just for Christmas, and I will put them away by the end of the month, I PROMISE

6.  The freezer part of our refrigerator stopped working, but my husband (Mr. Badwrench) turned dials and got it running again. This was not without two real fruit (important differentiation, as the color is more reddish than purple) grape popsicles (that I don't ever remember buying) melting and creating what looked like a crime scene all over the inside of the freezer door, then dripping and running onto the floor in strangely blood-like pools.

7. Thankful for Mr. Clean magic erasers.

8. I got myself a new heated mattress pad for Christmas, and it's even better than the old one I raved about. Warm feet, baby!



9. We have had some nasty cold weather, along with a little skim of snow, but there wasn't ice first, so it wasn't terribly slippery. Of course, my hope is the NEXT time we get snow (IF there's a next time), it's enough to give us a couple of snow days. Fingers crossed.

10. Good hair days. When you know, you know.

Stay safe, my friends! Wear a mask. Get vaccinated. Stay home when you can.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. A heated mattress pad sounds wonderful. My Sweetie would stage a protest and refuse to let us have one (he's always hot).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beauty of the heated mattress pad is there is a control for each side. My husband NEVER turns his side on, but don't think I don't notice when he slides his feet over to my side when they're cold!

      Delete