Friday, December 25, 2020

Time For Joy, Time For Cheer

 Christmas, Christmas time is here,

Time for joy and time for cheer.

We've been good but we can't last,

Hurry Christmas, hurry fast!

It's heeeeeere!

This Christmas will be different than the past 25, as my son is spending the holiday with his fiance's family. This takes me to my first of Ten Things of Thankful this week:

I now have until mid-January to shop for my son and future daughter-in-law's gifts, so I can take advantage of after-Christmas sales.

I'm thankful that the caramel corn factory that has been my kitchen is winding down. Only have to make a batch when my son comes next month and one for my husband's sister's family for whenever we get to see them.

I'm thankful for warm flannel shirts.

And sleeping with kitties at my feet.

For homemade peppermint marshmallows (shout out to my brother - I. Ate. Them. All.).

Holiday cards from friends.

Clothes that fit again.

As of Tuesday of this week, the days are now getting longer! 

Extended family Zoom call scheduled for this afternoon and for my cousin Delaney for setting it up.

Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating!

Lewis on the second floor, Finn in the basement.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

11 comments:

  1. I love your photo. :-)
    I wish you a blessed new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little house was a Christmas gift from my brother to the kitties last year! I'm surprised it has survived - they are a little rough on it!
      Thank you, Romi! Happy and blessed new year to you!

      Delete
  2. A blessed and beautiful Merry Christmas to you, and to your family whenever you get to celebrate it with them. As for homemade peppermint marshmallows, i don't blame you for eating them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mimi! Same to you!
      I don't care much for regular marshmallows, but oh my word, homemade ones? Amazing!

      Delete
  3. ..why, its me... clark. Yeah, kinda early to making the rounds.
    ...in the 'like minds' department, I also included the simple (but momentous) fact the days are getting longer.
    ...by minutes per day (sometimes obscured by clouds and such) but more light each day.

    can't hate that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are certainly up and around early on the comments!
      I enjoy the evenings getting dark early up until Christmas, and then I am OVER it. COME ON, SPRING!

      Delete
  4. Awww a kitty high rise! I love it and your thankfuls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! The kitties enjoy it. Only problem is 3 kitties and 2 levels!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I think I could have enjoyed a little kitten to warm my hands and feet a few times this week.
    I don't think I have ever eaten peppermint marshmallows, homemade or not, but they sound yummy.
    How exciting to be able to extend your Christmas celebrating. Wishing you a wonderful new year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only problem with being warmed by a cat is they are sometimes like sleeping with a hot sandbag! The peppermint marshmallows were soooo good! I had never had them, either. He rolled them in crushed peppermint, so they were a little crunchy on the outside but soft and delicious inside. We may be celebrating Christmas until summer, unless we all are able to get vaccinated in a timely fashion! Have a wonderful and blessed new year, Pat!

      Delete
  6. I love the kittens and I love shopping after Christmas as we can hit the sales and get so much more for our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete