Sunday, April 7, 2024

Quick Ten Things Because I'm Sleepy

I'm sooo sleepy, so this is going to be a quick Ten Things of Thankful:

1. It was warm enough at the end of the week that we were able to play outside barefoot.

2. Raisin Bran. I'm on such a Raisin Bran kick (why, I have no idea), and I've had it nearly every morning this week. Surely, it's good for me.

3. I'm a fourth of the way through the A to Z Challenge and I'm still on top of it. My theme is treasures from my childhood I found in my parents' house, and you should read my posts from it.

4. I had a long telephone conversation with my childhood friend Abbie. We haven't seen each other in over 12 years, but we are hoping to remedy that.

5. Bad news: the varmint in the attic is back. Good news: his days are numbered.

6. I wore flip flops to school last week for the first time this year.

7. We enjoyed watching the University of Iowa women's basketball team beat LSU to go on to the Championship game.

8. We enjoyed watching the University of Iowa women's basketball team play University of South Carolina for the NCAA Division 1 championship even though they lost.

9. I saw a bald eagle flying over our lake house yesterday afternoon. He was pretty high up, but the sun glints off that white head and tail and once you see that, you know it's an eagle. I watched this one chase a Canada goose out of his air space!

It's blurry, but you can see the white
head and tail feathers.


10. The weekend went fast, but I don't have any evening meetings or obligations all week, so I can get home, write my A to Z post, and go to bed early every night! Note: CAN and WILL are two different things....

Done! If you're where you will be able to view the eclipse tomorrow, be safe! We will have 95% obscuration (not my words), so it should be pretty cool.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. A conversation with our childhood friends can be extremely gratifying as well as energysing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not in the path of this eclipse so I will just look at your plate of oreos. We saw one about 7 years ago. Very interesting and weird. Little crescents all over everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your list, and I'm enjoying your a-to-z journey, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The A to Z Challenge IS a challenge, isn't it? I'm alternating between going places to write about and actually having time to sit down and read/write posts. I hope to catch up soon.

    Hope your eclipse viewing was spectacular! We only caught a partial here, which is still cool. (I was actually inside a studio taping of Jeopardy--as an audience member--on Monday, and Ken Jennings thanked us for coming and had the light guys create our own eclipse inside. LOL)

    ReplyDelete