Sunday, April 21, 2024

Fuzzy Thankfuls

 I'm spending the weekend running errands for my dad, trying to catch up on reading A to Z Challenge posts, and watching a documentary series on World War II. It's a full weekend! Now to get my Ten Things of Thankful posted, write tomorrow's A to Z, and keep wading through A to Z and TToT posts - whew!

On Monday, the toddler teachers at our school found an itty bitty kitten hidden under the protective cover on the sandbox. I saw a mama cat in our parking lot earlier when my class took a walk, but she was nowhere to be found. The kitten was brought to me in a shoebox, and I snuggled her into a soft blanket while we waited for animal control to pick her up. She needed some loving care and a foster home, and the humane society was just the place for her to get it. Don't think I wasn't tempted to keep her, but poor Nora wouldn't have been able to take another sibling!

Her little ears are still folded down.



She was hungry and wanted her mama and
was nom nomming the blanket



Shhhh! Baby's sleeping!

So I'm thankful baby was found.

I'm thankful the kindest man came to get her and take her to a safe place.

I'm thankful there are people out there who can foster kittens and not keep them all for themselves.

I'm thankful I know that I am not one of those people who can foster kittens because I WOULD keep them all and then Nora AND my husband would move out.

And I'm thankful for the Book of Secret Rules or the Secret Book of Rules that says if you're killing it with the A to Z Challenge and can't put two thoughts together to make a list of ten things of thankful. then you don't have to!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. What an adorable little kitty! So glad you were able to get her a home. Our kitty, now eight years old, came from the county animal shelter at four months. She has been a delight! I was going to join the Thankfulness hop, but then saw that the endeavor ends in 2 hours. So sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that kitty is gonna know lots of love 💘

    ReplyDelete
  3. It had to take will power to not keep that adorable kitty forever. I've been catching up on A to Z visits as well. Plus I'm always on the lookout for new blogs to follow because during the time I took a 3 year break, so many of the ones I followed had dropped out. It's been fun seeing posts every day by so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a lovely and sweet kitten. I am happy it all ended well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute kitten! I obviously didn't get a TToT post written last weekend, but plan to join in again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete