Today has been windy, as in blow-the-car-door-shut-while-you're-standing-between-it-and-the-car windy. As in Dyanne-stays-in-the-house-and-enjoys-the-sunshine-from-the-comfort-of-her-chair windy. And she also writes her Ten Things of Thankful:
1. Spring in February. It ain't fittin'. It jes' ain't fittin'. (Prize to the first person who knows what movie that's from and who said it.) But it's still so very nice not to have had a horribly cold winter, because I really hate the cold.
2. The daffodils are up! The daffodils are up!
|One bloom, many buds.|
3. I'm getting excited about the A to Z Challenge! I didn't do a big theme-reveal, but if you didn't already know it, my theme this year, once again, will be Pinterest challenges. If you would like to submit Pinterest pins for me to try, please send them to me, especially if you can come up with one for "X". And "V". And "I". "K". "L"....
4. My new athletic shoes arrived, so no excuses for not going to the gym anymore. Is that really a thankful?
5. I finally caved to the fact that just because you spent a lot of money on shampoo that you (meaning your daughter) thought would be the BEST for your hair because it was sulfate-free, it is okay to give it away (or throw it away if no one else wants it) when you discover it never seems to completely wash out and leaves your hair feeling rather gummy, especially the part just above the nape of your neck, where your hair is the thickest (or mine is, anyway).
6. I am thankful for sulfates in shampoo, whatever they are.
7. I went out to dinner and to a movie with two friends on Friday night. We laughed. We talked. We ate. It was good for my soul.
8. I sat on bleachers for over eight hours yesterday afternoon and evening at a show choir competition and was able to get up and walk afterwards with minimal lurching.
|One of her friends took this last night.|
9. I only hurt myself once this week, and that was when I was holding a sad four year old on my lap at school and thought I could reach up and get the flag for the Pledge of Allegience without getting out of my chair, resulting in a muscle spasm in my lower back. It was preventable, I suppose, by I still stand by my decision of cuddling that little girl when she needed it.
10. Daffodils. Seriously.
|Less than 24 hours later, BOOM!|
It's never too late to be thankful. Link up your thankfuls with us!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful