1. I'm pretty sure my A to Z Challenge shall be a Pinterest Challenge once again. Please send me your ideas, especially if you've got any good ones for some of those more troublesome letters.
2. My daughter and I went to Springfield to see Wicked with my daughter's friend and her mother. I knew very little about the play, other than it was about the witches from Wizard of Oz. Wow! Those girls had some pipes, and I loved the way they tied the play to the Wizard of Oz. If you're a fan of musicals, go see it, if you ever have a chance.
3. I might, MIGHT, have forgotten to put my contacts in Sunday morning before we went to see Wicked. I didn't realize it until I was halfway across town to pick up our friends (my eyes have improved, a product of old age, but I'm still restricted on my driver's license - oops!). I didn't want to make us late to the play, as we had to drive over an hour to get to Springfield, so I decided to forge on and make the best of it. Our theater seats were in the rafters, so I don't think it would have made a huge difference as far as seeing the stage, but the drive home in the dark would have been a little less intense if I'd had them in. Bottom line: we made it! I would be lying if I didn't admit that I was weaving around quite a bit as I drove, but that had nothing to do with the fact that I couldn't see and everything to do with the 30 mph winds that were hammering us the entire way home.
|It was a looooong way down to the stage.|
4. That one's worth two. Fight me if you disagree.
5. We had Valentine parties at preschool this week. Both days went without a hitch, other than there were (a) parties with (b) too many adults in the room and (c) an overwhelming assortment of snacks.
6. Each child makes and brings a Valentine box to school for valentine delivery. I made a pig box the first year I taught, and fifteen years later, I'm still using it. This year, though, my pig inspired not one, but TWO of my boys to make pig boxes, too. How cute is that?!
|The three little pigs.|
7. Three cats in the same room with no hissing!
|The boys on the couch in peaceful harmony|
while Ruby keeps a respectful distance.
8. My daughter and I were in Springfield again today, and we filled our bellies with pho. Oh, my stars, it was good!
|Eating pho is a different experience when you|
aren't eating it outside in 90+ degree weather.
9. We also splurged on Hurt's Donuts.
10. And the reason we celebrated with pho and donuts? WE FINALLY GOT A PROM DRESS! After nearly two and a half hours of trying on dresses, she found The One. It will have to be altered a little bit, as she is (sit back and let this wash over you) a size 00, and the dress was a GIGANTIC size 2. And a shout out to Alyssa at Norman's Bridal for the one-on-one attention and her infinite patience.
Did you have the equivalent of FINALLY finding the right prom dress this week? Link up your thankfuls with us, this week and every week!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful