1. Let's start out that the Kansas City Royals won the World Series! I'm a Kansas City girl, born and raised there, so this was really exciting. Forever Royal!
2. There was no school on Monday (we follow the public school calendar, and they had a teacher professional development day). And following a 12 inning World Series finale that didn't end until nearly midnight, it was especially appreciated that I had the day off!
3. I was productive on that day off, too. Cleaned out my closet. Put away summer clothes and got out winter ones. Realized I am missing a pair of boots. Added "new pair of boots" to my shopping list....
4. My mom had her pacemaker replaced on Tuesday. The surgery went well, and she should be good for another 50,000 miles.
5. Because of Monday's scheduled day off and my mom's surgery on Tuesday, I only had a three day work week. That was kind of nice, although I miss my kiddos when I'm not there with them.
6. Cute bulletin board, courtesy of my Primary class:
7. A front came through on Thursday afternoon, bringing a small thunderstorm followed by much cooler weather. Ruby and I took the opportunity to nap together.
8. Hat Day in Pre-K. I got a little more mileage out of my $10 hat from Marian Days.
9. The creative play of preschoolers is a wondrous thing. There were three 4 year old boys in the Home Living Center during center time today. They cooked, they fed babies, they put on dress up clothes, the usual stuff. But then I heard one of them making the sound of an emergency siren and saw that they had taken all the chairs in the center and made themselves a car. I'm still not sure of the exact type of emergency vehicle they were riding in, but the driver was in the front right seat, and they stopped periodically, took utensils from the play kitchen, and did some mechanical work under their seats before sitting back down and speeding away to disasters unknown.
|Granny Clampett appears to be riding in the back.|
10. My College Boy is home for the weekend for the first time since the mid-September. I've seen him several times, and we all went to the lake house together at least twice, but he hasn't been HOME. Naturally, he's off with friends for the evening, but he'll be home before long, and I'll be able to sleep knowing both of my little chicks are snug in the nest.
Be snug! Be warm! Write your thankfuls and link up with us right here.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group