You know what the director of our preschool did for me this week?
Shared her cold with me.
You know what I do when I get a cold?
I name it after who gave it to me.
This one is named Linda - thank you, Miss Linda, for sharing!
That is #1 on my list of Ten Things of Thankful. If I didn't have a good working relationship with my director, I wouldn't have caught her cold (I also probably wouldn't have caught it if I hadn't sat across from her at dinner Thursday night).
2. Last week of preschool. I love my job, and I love my students, but I REALLY love to have summer vacation.
3. Pre-K graduation was Thursday night. The minimum qualifications of a good program (no one peed, no one threw up and no one cried) was met.
4. I did have one student cry, but it was AFTER the program was over. I was her teacher for Primary AND for Pre-K, and after the program, when she and her family were getting ready to leave, she burst into tears, because she didn't want to leave preschool and go to kindergarten. I picked her up and held her, told her how much I have loved having her in class, but that she was ready to go to kindergarten and would do great. I'm not thankful that she cried, but I'm thankful that she loved her preschool experience so much that she didn't want to leave.
5. I am also thankful that all those times I had to tell this child to STOP TALKING didn't lessen her love for preschool (it also didn't do a thing to make her stop talking). At every parent teacher conference her parents attend for the next 13 years, they will be told she talks all the time, but I wouldn't change a thing about that kid, and neither will her future teachers.
6. I'm thankful to have had every one of my students this year, whom I prayed for individually every day, from the ones who were sometimes trying to the ones I would take home and keep forever. Each one of them are special gifts that I got a chance to teach.
7. Too serious. Time to lighten up. I'm thankful for toilet paper. I had to buy some yesterday, and as I stood there in the toilet paper aisle (because there's an ENTIRE AISLE for it), weighing the merits of each brand and style, I was reminded that my parents and grandparents had to use pages from the Sears Roebuck catalog when they WENT TO THE OUTHOUSE.
8. Indoor plumbing. Because outhouses.
9. A gloriously long weekend at the lake house that includes our three cats.
|Pete, enjoying the fresh air on the screened in porch.|
|Ruby, a little skeered of that great outdoors just beyond the screen.|
10. My mama. Because today's her 83rd birthday.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group