1. I took the College Boy back to school after having him home for Easter. Love those times with him when it's just the two of us.
2. The A to Z Challenge. I'm having a ball with my Pinterest Challenge theme! So far, I've discovered I can make THE most amazing doughnuts ever, that silicone caulk does not an anti-skid rug make, and wooden skewers can be deadly.
3. In spite of being stabbed by skewers and nearly bleeding to death, dipping my fingers into the hot oil when I fried the doughnuts, surviving the rug that was supposed to be anti-skid skidding out from under me, and doing a scissors project with three year olds, none of it has seemed to cause any permanent bodily damage....
4. Half price springtime peanut M&M's at Hobby Lobby.
5. My parents brought me my all-weather that I left at the lake house a couple of weeks ago. It's still ugly and I still wish I had a new one, but even an ugly, old all-weather coat is better than NO all-weather coat.
6. Severe storms were predicted again this week, as in Al Roker mentioned Joplin on The Today Show bad. As in Mike Bettes with The Weather Channel CAME TO TOWN in anticipation of severe storms bad. And guess what? No severe storms! Not one rumble of thunder. Not one flash of lightning. Not one tornado warning.
7. Since Facebook was fraught with Mike Bettes sightings, I decided to drive out to the park where The Weather Channel had set up shop. This park is on high ground on the southwest side of town, across the street from the former location of Mercy Hospital, and in the area probably hardest hit by the May 2011 tornado. With no trees anywhere around, there is a very clear view to the west, and if I were tracking storms, it's where I would pick to watch for them, too, I guess. I wanted a picture of their vehicle. Got it!
8. After I snapped a few pictures of the truck and of Mike Bettes talking to the locals who had stopped by to see him (he is quite a celebrity around here, because he was here immediately after the tornado went through and spent a lot of time here afterwards), I tried to get a picture of him standing alone, and he caught me. We chatted for a couple of minutes, then Mike asked me if I wanted a picture with him. I felt really stupid, because I had no intention of such a thing, but I went ahead and handed my phone to a camera man with TWC and got a picture with me looking hideous and windblown and Mike not looking that way.
9. I did a SUPER FUN AWESOME project with my pre-k class today! You'll have to tune in on Monday for "K" day to learn more, but it will probably end up being my favorite Pinterest project for the A to Z Challenge.
10. Lunch with friends. Twice.
That's my week of thankfuls. Count your blessings, count your thankfuls, and link up with us!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group