|Gratuitous picture of Ruby, because I saw that Yvonne|
posted one of HER calico and I sensed a trend....
1. I haven't thrown up since December 23, 1971. I have wondered a few times over the past week and a half if that record was going to be shattered, but so far, it's held on.
2. With spring comes the risk of severe storms in this part of the world known as Tornado Alley, and we had our first round this week. No tornado warnings this time, and the worst of the weather mostly passed to the south of us.
3. The American Red Cross tornado app. It is a must-have if you live in an area that is prone to severe weather. The Red Cross also has a wildfire app, a hurricane app and a first aid app, among others. Something for everyone!
4. Diet Coke, especially first thing in the morning. Cold. In a glass. With ice.
5. I got an awesome deal through Priceline for a hotel room in Arkansas this weekend when we had to travel for a volleyball tournament ($60 instead of $120).
|Look at that little girl jump!|
6. My own bed.
7. Wallflowers from Bath and Body Works. I got a supply of spring and summer scents last week when they were on sale, and my house smells sunny and fresh. It's a very old house, so that's not always an easy thing to accomplish.
|Zoysia grass, the last to turn green in the spring, first to turn|
brown in the fall. REAL grass would have made a better backdrop.
9. My bilateral mastectomy with tram flap reconstruction was three years ago yesterday. So far, so good.
|15 hours after my surgery, I finally got to have something besides an ice chip.|
10. And this just in: I just found two new cousins by using familysearch.org. I discovered I am 10th cousins, twice removed, with Kristi of Thankful Me and 13th cousins with Christine of In The Coop. I hope I'm in their Wills now!
It's still not too late to link up your thankfuls. It may SEEM like it, but it isn't.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group