1. Emma's show choir got first place in their division last weekend at the last show choir competition of the year. They also got best opening number, best closing number, best ballad, best choreography, best back up band, tied for best vocals, and were the overall Grand Champions. Pretty awesome for a group that started late because of a director leaving, had no classroom because the high school wasn't completed when school started and their class was first housed in the wrestling room (until wrestling season, when they got booted out) and then in an automotive room in the tech school THAT HAD NO MIRRORS. Best choreography. No mirrors. Let that soak in a minute....
2. Parent-Teacher Conferences. Hearing seven teachers tell me they wish they had an entire classroom of Emmas is pretty darn nice to hear.
3. Andy's Frozen Custard Choco-Rocko Concrete: chocolate frozen custard blended with marshmallow cream and almonds. If my kids ask, I will deny that I had one this week with my husband when they weren't with us.
|Ruby trying to insinuate herself into CBS This Morning.|
5. Microwave ovens. Mine is broken and will have to be replaced. You have no idea how much you use one until you don't have one. In fact, I seriously thought my son might starve this week when he couldn't figure out how to heat up a frozen dinner without it....
6. My pharmacy. Locally owned, they know me when I walk in the door and meet me at the counter with my order. Thank you, Medicine Shoppe!
7. Emma's club volleyball team. Good girls, good friends.
8. A lake house we can go to any time we want.
9. Fat cats who don't care that they have taken the best chair in the house, and the people who allow him to stay there instead of making him move.
|27 pounds of trouble.|
10. Spring break! Adventures may ensue. Stay tuned.
Link up your Ten Things of Thankful below. Visit the others. Comment, comment, comment!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group