1. I'm thankful I was able to get our family tickets to see the Taylor Swift Red Tour in Kansas City. Pre-sale tickets went on sale on November 13 for the August 3 show. Yes, you heard me right. November 13. Aaaaaand, to be able to buy the tickets on the pre-sale date, I had to become a member of Taylor Nation (shut up). But I did it, and nine months later (I could have grown a baby in that amount a time [okay, technically I could NOT have, but in theory, I could have]), we finally got to enjoy the show.
|In the car, on our way to KC.|
2. I'm thankful my daughter's dance injury, which had her on crutches all week, was healed enough that she was able to walk to the Sprint Center for the concert. Because I, in a fit of wisdom, decided we should stay downtown, within walking distance of the venue, rather than stay out in the suburbs and drive in and have to deal with parking. I found a great rate, but the catch was that the room had to be pre-paid with no cancellations allowed. Then my daughter fell coming out of a leap in dance class, landing on the outside of her foot, causing it to swell and bruise, and I thought we might have to take turns carrying her piggy-back to the arena. A week of stumping around on crutches and icing her foot did the trick, and all was good.
3. I am thankful for a beautiful city view.
|The view from the Marriott.|
4. I am thankful the e-tickets we printed worked just fine, because I've gotta say, I was a little apprehensive that they would.
5. I had no idea that attendees often dress up in costumes at Taylor Swift concerts until we were on the way to the Sprint Center. Lots of red clothes and red lipstick. Signs, some of which lit up with Christmas lights and battery packs. Flowered headbands. Cowboy boots and skirts. Hand decorated t-shirts with such things as Taylor's name, song lyrics, 13, and any number of other things written on them. I am so, so, SO thankful that my daughter wouldn't have done something like that on a bet.
6. I am thankful that Ed Sheeran was the opening act. He was A.MAZ.ING.
7. I am thankful that the officials at the Sprint Center realized with a female to male ratio of about 1000:1, the number of bathrooms was not going to be sufficient, and they converted most of the men's restrooms to women's restrooms.
|A little disconcerting to walk into the women's|
restroom and be faced with these....
8. I am thankful that, even though the Red Tour is sponsored by Diet Coke, you could not buy one in the entire venue. It was a Pepsi only place, and nothing makes me happier. (You know this is actually a BIG FAT LIE and I was thirsty all evening for lack of Diet Coke.)
9. I am thankful that no one sitting near us insisted on loudly singing along with Taylor.
10. I am thankful for the opportunity to see such a magnificent show. Concerts have come a long, long way since I first started attending them in high school. Taylor Swift, you put on one heckuva show!
|Nothing short of spectacular.|