Now do you understand this short and sweet version of Ten Things of Thankful? I knew you would. Here it is:
1. My parents. I'm a lucky girl to have them.
3. Edible gifts.
4. Gifts in general.
5. Husbands who help clean the kitchen without even being asked.
6. My trusty and faithful candy thermometer, without which I couldn't make caramel popcorn and fudge and toffee and any number of other things.
7. Pandora Traditional Christmas station. Love me some Andy Williams, Perry Como, Johnny Mathis and the like.
8. Adam Levine.
9. Roundabouts. Just kidding. They suck.
10. Email conversations with faraway friends. Extra bonus if you are raising a chicken that is named for me.
And a big thankful for having a brother and sister in law who are very good at choosing gifts. Ruby, Pete and Fletcher are thrilled with their Christmas gift from their "cousin" Cookie.
|Ruby likes the present.|
|Ruby walks away, and Fletcher gets a chance|
to explore it, finding it to his satisfaction.
|Pete lurks and watches the other two.|
|Ruby's back and won't share.|
Fletcher is pissed.
|Ruby leaves again, and curiosity finally|
|Yeah, Pete likes it.|
|And it tastes good, too.|
It's a busy time of year. Take time to remember YOUR thankfuls, big and small.