Here are my thankfuls for the week:
1. Back to Standard Time! I love Daylight Savings Time in the spring and summer, but I am so ready for the time change in the fall! Unlike SOME whiners out there *cough cough Lizzi cough cough Clark cough cough** I like it when the evenings are dark and I'm in my nice, cozy house. I also hate, hate, HAAAAATE having to get up in the morning when it's still dark outside. (I hate it so much that I don't do it, causing me to arrive at work progressively later and later until the time finally changes.)
2. Crock pots. Or slow cookers, if you will. I've used mine nearly every day for the past week.
3. Elections are over! I'm not happy about how most of them ended up, but I am grateful not to have to hear campaign ads on tv or on the radio anymore.
4. There has been some grumbling and talks of rebuttal posts by the other two cats in my house, but no outright war has broken out since Ruby guest posted last weekend for my TToT entry.
5. Playdough sculptures.
|Are those the cutest little playdough snails you've ever seen?!|
|This is a gadicator. Sometimes known as an alligator.|
6. Playdough sculptures that make me think of something ever so slightly inappropriate.
|It's a pencil.|
|And this is a cherry popsicle.|
7. Playdough sculptures that TOTALLY make me think of something inappropriate.
|It's a SNOWMAN.|
8. Ruby lovin'. Every time I walk in the front door, Ruby comes to greet me. This morning, I realized I forgot my sunglasses after I got to the car, so I ran back inside the house, aaaaand Ruby came to greet me. She loves her mama!
9. In August, I fell going up our basement stairs and cracked the side of my knee and shin on the tile steps. I had bruises and swelling for weeks from it, but they finally faded EXCEPT for a pretty good sized bump on the side of my shin. It is very tender when touched, and my husband's leg thrown over it in the night will send me straight to the ceiling. At the oncologist's office yesterday, I told him I still had pain and a bump from that fall. He looked at it, FELT it (and I DID NOT kick him in the teeth when he did so, although I could have), and said I had apparently chipped the bone when I fell. Nothing thankful about THAT, except that I had a little niggling fear that it was something horrible, like a blood clot, given how badly it was bruised when I first fell. No blood clot that's going to kill me; just a chipped bone that will heal on its own, eventually.
10. With any luck, I am officially half way through my cancer treatments! Two and a half years down, two and a half to go - yeehaw!
How's your week been? Have you been able to find thankfulness in little things like playdough sculptures and crock pots? Link up with us, below.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group