1. My daughter's ensemble got a 1 at state music contest last weekend. Their group was made up of six freshman and sophomore girls, and they were one of only two ensembles that got a 1 at state (the other one was a quartet of juniors and seniors). Very proud of those girlies!
|The talented ladies with their director.|
2. Monday, I found out I was supposed to write a reflection post of my experience with the A to Z Challenge. Whoops! Reflected, wrote, and posted it, THEN found out I had until the end of the week to get it done. That would be the first A to Z post I got in WAYYY before the deadline!
3. My preschoolers have been wound for sound all week, especially Pre-K. The Pre-K class is suffering from senioritis. Only two more class days, and we're through for the year, then they're off to kindergarten in the fall. Lame ducks. But they've been good all year (mostly), so why not just let them socialize? As long as they don't get too out of control, we can just enjoy these last few days together as a class.
4. My primary class is certainly feeling their oats, as well. We did manage to make a really cute craft this week, though. We made a Rainbow Fish by painting our (wait for it) hands. They loved adding the beautiful silver scale to their fish and painting on the seaweed. They're so easily amused!
|It's Rainbow Fish!|
5. I'm slowly, but surely, getting caught up on A to Z reading. If I haven't gotten to all of yours yet, I WILL! I PROMISE!
6. I wrote a post this week for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. It's been MONTHS since I've written a post for that hop, but one of the writing prompts just called out to me, so if you want to read how I was once a killer, you can read "Mousecapades" here.
7. Ruby, my silly, sweet Ruby! Even when she spends the night bounding across the bed like Tigger, finishing up with a good, long round of chasing her tail ON THE BED RIGHT BEHIND ME, AS I AM LYING ON MY SIDE, TRYING TO SLEEP, I still lurrrrrve her so!
|Perched in the middle of Ground Zero|
for the preschool scrapbook project. If
I get all of it put away this week, it will
make my TToT NEXT week....
8. My daughter and I are helping with the dance recital this weekend for her old studio. So happy that Nicole asked us to help; it's so bittersweet not to be part of the recital this year, for the first time in 9 years, but this gives us a "fix" and allows us to be part of it without being part of it, if you know what I mean.
9. Hidden chocolate.
10. Turkey and bacon sandwiches. Getting ready to go have one now, at a little place over near the venue where the dance recital is being held.
Thankful for turkey and bacon sandwiches? Kittens? What? Write your Ten Things of Thankful and link them up, below. You'll love our TToT community!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude</ a>, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal</ a>, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine