And since anyone participating in the Ten Things of Thankful knows it is a cinch to create that TToT list when everything's going your way, I have decided to find ten things about this loathsome season for which I can be thankful.
1. Indoor plumbing. I simply cannot fathom having to go use an outhouse
2. Snow days. Snow days are wonderful little gifts from God that are meant to be treasured. There's nothing quite like the anticipation of watching the tv screen to see if your school district is included in the cancellation list crawling across the bottom of the screen. (We have had three this week.)
3. Bulky clothing and heavy coats that hide a lot.
4. No one knows whether or not you have shaved your legs (see #3, above).
5. Hot soup for supper.
6. Heated car seats, or the bun warmers, as we call them. Pure bliss.
7. Car heaters at all. These are something you take for granted until you have a car in which the heater doesn't work. Which we do. (Since my husband says there's no reason to fix it, as spring is coming soon, I refuse to drive that car, because spring may be coming, but it isn't HERE. And that car does NOT have heated seats. It's really just a step up from driving in a covered wagon.)
8. I can buy ice cream at the grocery store, and it doesn't get mushy before I can get it home. (This is especially true if driving the car with no heat.) And yes, we still buy (and eat) ice cream in the winter.
9. It's club volleyball season!
10. Warm kitty bodies.
Forecast for next week: snow and cold. Maybe we'll get another snow day out of it....
What are YOU thankful for? Link your post up right here.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal</ a>, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Meaning of Me, The Wakefield Doctrine