Here's the deal: when life is a bowl of cherries, writing a Ten Things of Thankful post is easy as, uh, pie (which is a stupid saying, because making pie is HARD - rolling out crust, making sure it's flaky, making the filling, which can involve much peeling and slicing of fruit, etc.). Then there's the kind of post you write when you're grasping at straws, looking for something, anything, for which to be thankful. Like this one.
1. Friends I can telephone at an outrageous hour when I need some help.
2. Family. Enough said.
3. The awesome electric teakettle we (okay, my husband) got for Christmas and Good Earth English Breakfast Tea.
4. Warm, fuzzy socks.
5. My new Nook. It's a cross between a really big smart phone that doesn't make phone calls and a really small laptop that doesn't have a real keyboard, but I like it and actually plan to use it to read books, too....
6. Electric pencil sharpeners.
7. Reading tweets from Honest Toddler. They make me smile, no matter how crappy I feel.
8. Kittens. Goofy, bouncy, scampering, snuggly kittens. Thinking of one in particular....
9. My bread machine (a new one, since the one I had for about ten years finally laid down and died). I love to bake bread, but
10. Wallflowers from Bath & Body Works. Spicy scents for fall and winter, fruity scents for spring and summer.
How about you? How's 2014 treating you so far? Link up, below.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal</ a>, Home On Deranged, I can say mama, I Want Backsies, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine