See, the 10 Things of Thankful has a secret rule book. And one of the secret rules is that it's okay to change your mind and do a renegade TToT link up even if you have declared a 2 week vacay from it. Here's mine:
1. We actually had school all five days this week with no snow days.
2. In spite of me doing half the project upside down, the Primary class finished their gifts for their parents, and we got them wrapped and sent home in the nick of time.
3. The Pre-K class got their gifts finished as well, although the wrapping didn't go quite as smoothly as planned, although IT WASN'T MY FAULT, FOR A CHANGE! I pre-cut 16 pieces of wrapping paper, setting about a dozen of them in the window sill, the other four on the art table about 6 inches below it. My Pre-K assistant teacher, Melissa, (a) did not see the ones in the window sill and cut a dozen more and (b) wrapped about half of them before I let her know that, if she turned the paper 45 degrees before wrapping, the finished project would fit neatly within the boundaries of the paper and not have the dowel rods poking out the ends.
4. By cutting another 12 pieces of wrapping paper, Melissa kept me from having to cut paper for the Primary class the next day.
5. Other than having one pee pee accident earlier in the morning, the Primary class Christmas party was a success, and NO ONE cried when they went to see Santa and get their pictures taken with him, although three or four of them didn't want to sit on his lap and opted to stand next to him for the visit, holding my hand.
6. We had our preschool staff Christmas party this week. It's wonderful to work with a bunch of lovely ladies who get along so well with each other!
7. I collect snowglobes, the tackier the better. My daughter's club volleyball coach sent out an email recently while he was on a trip to Denmark. I replied to whatever his query was, then added a p.s. that he bring me a snowglobe. After Monday's practice this week, he handed me a box WITH A SNOWGLOBE IN IT. It's a fancy one, not even plastic, with the Little Mermaid inside.
|The kind of snowglobes I usually get.|
|My new, fancy snowglobe, with a very nekkid|
Little Mermaid inside (no, you freak, not the
Disney version, the Hans Christian Andersen one).
8. I followed a woman all over Walmart who had a kitten stuffed in the neck of her t-shirt. Most fun trip I've had to Walmart since the time I saw the transvestite in the dairy section.
9. Another holiday party, this time at my friend Dawn's home, where we enjoyed delicious food and a very lively game of Dirty Santa.
10. Freezing rain began to fall while we were at the party last night, and by the time we left, our car was fully encased in ice, but the streets were just wet, so we made it safely home. Freezing rain fell all night last night and all day today, so we have spent the day just being lazy. As a matter of fact, I am still in my pajamas, and bedtime is not that far away. So far, we haven't lost power, although others in the area have, and as long as the wind doesn't pick up, we may make it through this unscathed.
When Ruby wasn't picking fights with her brothers, she was doing this:
There you have it, the Renegade Edition of TToT.