Sunday, March 5, 2023

Birthday Fun

I had such a fun weekend with my friends Nikki and Julie for a 60th birthday celebration for Julie! We left Thursday afternoon and got back Sunday evening, and we filled every moment of every day with lots of laughter, food, conversation, and shopping. I am dog tired now, so my Ten Things of Thankful is going to be a pictorial of my weekend:

We drove as far as Tulsa on Thursday evening and spent the night there, because Nikki wanted to visit the Center of the Universe. We headed there Friday morning, but not before searching for a place to get donuts, and thinking we had done just that, we pulled in:


It was 9 am and they were already out of donuts.



In the other half of the storefront, they sold
 coneys. It was too early for coneys


To the left of the coney restaurant was a medical
marijuana store that made deliveries....


And to the right of the donut shop was a massage
parlor. The doors and windows were completely
covered, and I feel it's pretty safe to say 
they weren't exactly offering traditional
massage therapy


Was the neighborhood safe? Not likely. Were we nervous? Nah, because the cops that were responding to some kind of call right behind this building would have heard us if we screamed....

Donut-less, we proceeded to the Center of the Universe.

Y'all, welcome to the Center of
the Universe. 






On to Oklahoma City, where we visited the American Pigeon Museum, a request from the birthday girl, Julie. It was my third time to visit, and since the live pigeons weren't there on Friday because it was too cold outside, we had to go back Saturday morning, making it my fourth visit. Two more and I get a jacket....

Julie petting an exotic pigeon. FYI
pigeons don't enjoy being petted,


I'm holding a Jacobin pigeon named
Lady Gaga. FYI they don't enjoy
being held any more than they
enjoy being petted.






Ate entirely too much.

French toast biscuit from Hunny Bunny Biscuit Co.


Visited the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum.






And shopped




Until we dropped.


It was a terrific 60th birthday celebration, and for that, I am truly thankful!

Have you linked up yet? Do it!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. What fun! Maybe it's something you three should do each year, milestone birthdays or no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, Mimi! We have gone to my family's lake house together several times, but this was our first REAL trip, and it sure was fun!

      Delete
  2. A fun birthday celebration and looks like you scored better than donuts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we missed out too much when we didn't get those donuts!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a great time! I think I need to go to Oklahoma sometime!

    ReplyDelete