Sunday, February 12, 2023

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

I took a gamble waiting this late to write my Ten Things of Thankful this week, but I was waiting for a little football game to be over before I wrote it. And it's over. And here's my list:

CHIEFS WIN THE SUPER BOWL 38-35! This born and raised in Kansas City girl couldn't be happier about that! 





I still fully believe my little nugs were HEAVILY responsible for the win, as we have spent the past two weeks doing football drills (totally made up by me) to help the Chiefs win AND IT WORKED.

In other news:

I may have forgotten to mention last weekend that my daughter turned 24. She is currently knocking it out of the park in law school, interning at the US Attorney's office (an eye-opening experience!), and has a 4-legged roommate named Calvin, also known as my grandcat. I think she's pretty darn neat.


My daughter, or rather, Calvin found a bat in my daughter's apartment last weekend. It was in a closet that has had a large opening in the dry wall up near the ceiling around some pipes and conduit (her apartment is in the attic of a two-story house). She had a friend visiting who carried it out of the apartment and set it free down the street, where it promptly flew right back towards her house, but so far has not found his way back in (it had made its way into a plastic bag after Calvin entered the closet, which is another thankful, because it sure made it easier for Finn to get it out of there).

Calvin did not seem to have made close enough contact to be bitten by the bat (although he tried his darnedest), but my daughter took him to the vet to get a little onceover and an updated rabies vaccine, just in case.

The valentine gift I was having my nugs make for their parents was a TOTAL AND COMPLETE fail, but I have chosen to let it go and not stress over it. I have a simple (but adorable) back up project that will do just fine and I wish I had thought to take a photo of it to show you.

My friends Julie and Nikki and I had a tea party at my house on Saturday (hats mandatory). We sampled different teas that Julie brought back from a visit to Boston and were kinds that were served (and dumped into the harbor) during the Boston Tea Party. One of them even TASTED like it had been around since the Boston Tea Party. 






THE TULIPS ARE COMING UP! SPRING IS NEAR!




Did I mention the Chiefs won the Super Bowl...?

I'm beat! If you haven't joined the hop yet, there's still a wee little bit of time to do so!

\You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. It's probably a good idea to always have a back-up craft for the kids. Happy Valentine's Day and congratulations to you and your team!

    ReplyDelete