Sunday, January 17, 2021

Here I Am, Late Again

Is there a vaccine for people who can't get their shit together? I will volunteer to be in the test group for that one. I was late getting this week's link up posted, because I honestly couldn't believe we had finally made it to Friday. I thought this past week was never going to end. And since I have Monday off in remembrance of Dr. Martin Luther King, today didn't feel like Sunday and I nearly didn't get this post written.

Here's my list, better late than never....

My daughter found out this week that she has been accepted to three law schools she applied to. She had already been accepted at Arkansas, and now she only has one outstanding application.

One of the law schools she applied to has offered her a full scholarship for tuition for all three years. Major thankful! Here's hoping her negotiation skills are such that she can get at least one of the other schools to match it.

And she came home for the long weekend, and that always makes me happy.

I've been looking at thrift stores for a small tray to hold Nora Pearl's food dish. The boys' bowls are on a cafeteria tray, but she prefers to dine alone. However, she is a horrid pig, which necessitated the hunt for a tray just for her. Found the perfect one at the Salvation Army thrift store:

Nora agrees: Troy is dreamy.


We had a little snow on Friday, and while it fell pretty much all day and evening, it only stuck to cold stuff, like cars, left a dusting on the grass, and didn't stick to the streets. 

I made a cookie cake for the first time (think Great American Cookie Company), and while I got it a little thicker than I would have liked, it still tasted amazing!

Betty White just celebrated her 99th birthday.

The Chiefs won today. Hoping Mahomes gets over his concussion quickly - it was a scary moment. My daughter said if he had been a cartoon character, there would have been little birds flying around his head.

How adorable is he?!


There was a lot of snot in my classroom this week. A lot. A LOT. That is not a thankful, but I'm about 95% sure the itchy, runny eyes, congestion, headache, and scratchy throat I now have came from them and is a cold and not the Covid.

I'm in a purging mood. Today, I cleaned out our butler's pantry and our glass cabinet (as in the one that holds drinking glasses).

Found in the back of a cabinet, tucked away
from a previous life. Didn't purge them.


This week could be a rocky ride. I fervently hope not, but y'all, be safe out there, just in case.

It's not too late to link up with us. You actually have until Monday night to do so, so what are you waiting for? 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your daughter, i hope she gets into the school that is her first choice with a good scholarship.

    Also, i'm hoping you get over your cold quickly. Those things are awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mimi! She is so happy to have some options. My cold is very mild and already improving. I'm giving credit to wearing a mask about 95% of the time I'm with my class!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to your daughter! A lotta thankfuls. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete