Wednesday, April 1, 2020

A is for AAUGH!!




I hemmed and hawed about participating in the A to Z Challenge this year; it's time consuming, it's not called "challenge" for nothing, my previous Pinterest Challenge themes have run into some money. 

The Virus That Shall Not Be Named took care of my first two excuses. I certainly have plenty of time now that my teaching job at a university child care center is on hiatus, as is my second job at a photo studio. I could certainly use a challenge right now, as all I've done the past week and a half since the center closed is eat everything short of the cat food and play candy crush. 

Then there's the matter of a theme. The daily letter parameter of the A to Z Challenge works amazingly well with the Pinterest challenges I've been doing in years past, but I didn't want to spend money I now don't have on materials necessary to create all those Pinterest projects. Now that we are (or are supposed to be) sheltering in place, all those emergency trips to the craft or grocery store for supplies to finish (or start) a project AND write about it before the midnight deadline would not be possible. (And yes, I could have planned all my posts and procured the necessary materials AGES ago, but that just wouldn't be me.)



I've decided to resort to my usual fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants approach to life and take it one day at a time. Here's my list of topics for the month:




(I just showed this list to my husband, and he did a classic double take, complete with Roger Rabbit eyes.)

It's a process, but I'll get there, because I'm no quitter.

By the time this Challenge is done, we all may wish I were!



;




8 comments:

  1. I know you'll think of something creative for your posts even with our current shelter in place restrictions. Your blog is always fun to read! With so much happening in our world, I finally have the time to focus on the challenge but sadly keep getting distracted by the news. Hoping I can channel my energies to visiting other blogs instead. That will be much more fun.Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so encouraging! I hope I don't blow it! (Hmm, maybe I have "B" now?) Can't watch the news anymore. Husband can't STOP watching the news.

      Delete
  2. You've got this! Sometimes just thoughts lead to other thoughts, which lead to other thoughts. etc..
    https://katytrailcreations.com/2020/04/01/apron-advocate-atozaprilchallenge/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! As I started reading this...I thought to myself "yes, you should give this a try this month since I'll probably be self-distancing for the entire month at the least". Thankfully by the time I can to the end of your post...I came to my senses. YOU GO GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you shoulda done it! If I can pull this off, you sure can! (Should have stressed the "IF")

      Delete
  4. So excited to see what you will fill in those blanks with. Argh was a perfect A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Fingers crossed that I come up with something for "B"!

      Delete