Still thankful. Here's why:
1. I am thankful Terri and her daughter got to visit, even if it was a short trip. We don't get to spend enough time together, with 500 miles between us, but by golly, we make the most of the time we get!
2. We ate, we talked, we laughed, we went to shows, we got soaking wet on a ride at Silver Dollar City, we shopped, we made something crafty, and WE NEVER NEARLY WET OUR PANTS like we almost did this time last year. Thankful for bladder control!
|One year ago. Close call.|
3. I'm not naming names on this one, but you can read between the lines. I had a friend who visited me very recently. She was on her long trip back home when she got stuck in traffic on an interstate. Stuck as in not moving for over an hour and a half. Bladder control only goes so far, but this champ strategically maneuvered her car between trucks to the point that they could not see her car in their rearview mirrors, put her 17 year old daughter at the wheel of the minivan with instructions to keep BOTH FEET ON THE BRAKE AND DO NOT LET THIS CAR MOVE ONE INCH, crawled behind the driver's seat with a handful of McDonald's napkins, dropped her drawers, PEED IN AN EMPTY SMOOTHIE CUP, poured the contents into two (YES, TWO) empty Snapple bottles that had been rolling around in the back of the car, capped them, pulled up her britches, and got back in the front seat. I am thankful that (a) this didn't happen to me and (b) this friend was so proud of her accomplishment that she called me from the (still stuck in traffic) car to tell me about it, saying, "You can use this in your blog if you don't use my name!" So thankful to get to share a story like this! Thanks,
4. Summer volleyball. I do so love watching Emma and her friends play! School ball has already begun with a camp and a weekly league night.
5. Pinterest. I made several things this week, courtesy of Pinterest. It reminds me that I was going to do a monthly Pinterest Challenge post, as I announced after the A to Z Challenge. Oops.
|White chocolate macadamia nut cookies,|
some with dried cranberries.
6. Shop vacs. I'm doing a MAJOR cleaning of our basement, and that sucker (no pun intended) has been awesome!
7. College Boys who can figure out how to change the shop vac from the suck-up-water mode to the suck-up-spiders-and-other-crap mode with no manual to be found.
9. Quiet, lazy weekends at the lake house (except for the near-constant discourse about the need to be fed). I sat on the deck last night as the sun was setting, watching the lake go by while my daughter sat on the porch swing and softly played the ukulele.
|Ruby "helping" me blog.|
10. While watching Trisha Yearwood on her show on the Food Network, I saw that she and I have the same neck. Somehow, that made me feel better about my neck.
So, how's your week been? Can you find some thankfuls? Trust me, you can; I had some less-than-thankful moments this week (one of which I'll get into at another time), including, but not limited to, my first mosquito bites of the year, both located on my ass, (I felt that little bloodsucker in the back of my pants, too) one just above the Prime Meridian, one at about the Arctic Circle, received while I was relaxing on the back deck last night and which itch like hell. Come on, you can do this!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group