Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Lots To Say About Nothing

My brain is full of disjointed thoughts that are now running down my arms, flowing out of my fingers. Follow along, if you can....

Not ONCE has my mind been blown by anything prefaced with the words "mind blowing."

I refuse to give credence to any recipe on Pinterest (or elsewhere) that uses the word "crack" to describe it.

That being said, I do love the game Trivia Crack. I finally found an outlet for all that worthless information I hold in my wee little brain.

My JBL bluetooth speaker is so cool. Everything sounds good on it. EVERYTHING, I tell you!

I can tell how cold it is outside by how many cats are on my bed.




The Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace has nothing on three cats vying for the same spot on said bed, that space being where my feet are supposed to be.

Approximately 50 pounds of cat takes up a lot of space. 

Ruby eventually bows out of the battle for the coveted spot in the bed and lies right on my bladder.

A very small kitty cat, when lying on a full bladder, eventually feels as though it weighs about a thousand pounds.

Second day hair looks better than first day hair, but it feels worse.

Never underestimate cereal. It can be breakfast. Or lunch. Or dinner. It can be dessert. You can eat it with milk on it, or you can eat it dry, which makes it a snack. If you eat dry cereal while wearing a scarf, you can have a second snack later, because you will surely find some of the cereal tucked away in the folds of that scarf. Or so I've heard....




I hate that stupid Candy Crush. Please send me lives and tickets so I can continue to hate it, mmkay?

I mooned half an auditorium of people at the show choir competition last weekend when I stood up after forgetting that my jeans had slid down a little as I sat down in my seat.  

Even if I HAD remembered that my jeans slid down an hour earlier when I scooted in my seat, I don't really see how I could have adjusted them without standing up first, so I would have mooned everyone, regardless.

Shoulda worn a belt.

I hate belts.

While full blown panic hasn't set it yet, I am a little concerned about the A to Z Challenge and whether I'm going to have a theme or go with my usual fly by the seat of my pants routine.

That I have already had pants issues this week makes me think I should go with a theme.

Anybody got a theme for me?

24 comments:

  1. I don't have a theme suggestion for you, but I love this post. Sometimes, I have an idea that I think is funny or clever, but not worth a whole post. Maybe I should just write them down, save them up, and call it a post! (But not when I'm tired, because then I end up repeating the same word over and over in my POST.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about food for a theme? I'm always thinking about what I can cook for dinner or what kind of a new recipe I can create so food for me would be a great theme but since I'm not doing the AtoZ thingy you can use food :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food is on my short list, Susan! My family would appreciate all the experimentation!

      Delete
  3. I love when you do these types of posts. I haven't officially signed up for A to Z, but I think I'm going to. With a loose theme.
    I really hope someone got a photo of your crack. (See what I did there?) and posts itt somewhere. A little payback for all the times you've done it? :)
    Lucky charms are awesome. I only eat them on vacation or when hotels have them in the continental breakfast, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good format for people with short attention spans. Like me.
      You made that stupid challenge look so easy when you did it before! Holy cow, "challenge" is an understatement!
      I was ninja quick when I realized what happened. I don't think anyone got over the shock fast enough to get my picture, although it certainly would have been what I deserved.
      I only like the marshmallows in Lucky Charms. And did you know you can order a huge bag of JUST MARSHMALLOWS from Amazon? A friend of mine did and gave me half a bag. I was enjoying them a few at a time until Emma discovered my stash.

      Delete
  4. damn! I forgot all about 'no moderation'… ya who!
    …I enjoyed your Post!*

    *first time with no moderation and the best I can come up with is, 'I enjoyed your Post'?!!? ayiiee… sure performance anxiety happens can happen to anyone! no, really

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it freeing to post a comment and see it appear? I get a bunch of spam and I'm not only giving them Denise's phone number, I'm giving them yours!

      Delete
  5. Play me, play me!!!! I'm amycake76. I'm pretty good in all the categories except sports, where I hardly know any answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only good at the sports ones if they're about volleyball or hockey.

      Delete
  6. Maggie feels the way you do about cereal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite snack ever is a huge bowl of Cap'n Crunch. Dry. NO crunchberries or anything else. Actually prefer the Malt O' Meal knock off to the real stuff. It scratches up the roof of my mouth something fierce, but so worth it!

      Delete
  7. Ask Richard about me making a co-worker of his uncomfortable as I try to get somethign from under the coffee table *tell me about mooning*. I second your treatise on cereal... Yummie, yummie cereal :-) Ruby and Mr. Calvin seem to have a psychic connection. He spent one early, EARLY mornign in bed this week, playing socker with my bladder. Ouch! Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I wear pretty underpants!
      Chex Mix is awesome, too, because it's made from cereal :)
      My favorite thing is when Ruby is already lying on my bladder, then decides to bolt from the bed, pushing off with her hind feet. Thank goodness a bladder is stronger than a water balloon!

      Delete
  8. why don't you do this as your theme? You know stream-of-consciousness theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pants. Should be the theme.

    I hope no-one snapped your moon and put it on their facebook with the title "This lady SHOULDA WORN A BELT!"

    Cereal....oh sweet joy of my world. LOVE IT.

    And...

    you, even when you're in a muddle, you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pants theme? Wouldn't be able to keep it up. BAHAHAHAHAAA!
      I was QUICK.
      You can use cereal to make more good stuff, like Rice Krispy treats!
      Aw, shucks *blushes*

      Delete
  10. I love trivia crack my cousin Dom invited me I beat him a few times he didn't know I have a knack for knowing many useless things ha! - cereal is wonderful, having a belt is too - ha it couldn't have been worse than the back of the head photo you posted once unless someone wrote about your moon on their blog. LOL regardless probably no one noticed

    Blue tooth I need one too what was the name JBL please tell me more

    I love cuddling with Teddy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of useless things, and that has come in handy with Trivia Crack.
      Cereal is nothing short of awesome.
      Belts feel as though they're cutting me in half.
      I was pretty quick, and people were getting up and moving around, so hopefully not too many people noticed....
      It's called a JBL Flip and it's so cool!

      Delete
  11. No theme from me, just an amen sister! What is with people naming all their recipes 'Insert Food Type' Crack?! I am not fixing that. No, sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preaching to the choir, sister! I may be missing out on some delicious food, but I'm not making it if it's got "crack" in the title.

      Delete