1. Homecoming was last weekend. The game was Friday night, the dance was Saturday night. My daughter did not have a date this year, and instead, went with a group of girls. They had a fantastic time, and she looked lovely for the event.
2. While my daughter was at the homecoming dance, my husband and I went out for a spontaneous date night. We went to a restaurant in a nearby town that is a steakhouse with an arena where various horse events are held, mostly of the rodeo nature. We were seated in the part of the restaurant that overlooks the arena, and they were finishing up calf roping. The food is excellent, there are honest-to-goodness cowboys there, and if you can ignore that it smells like cow shit every time someone opens the door to the arena, one of the best restaurants around.
3. Both Monday and Thursday, the fire department visited preschool. They did not make me dress up like a firefighter, and for that, I am very grateful.
|What they did to me 2 years ago.|
4. My primary class went to the pumpkin patch on Tuesday. The weather was magnificent, and my little ones enjoyed hearing Farmer Tami talk about growing pumpkins. I brought money to pay for the mums I got a couple of weeks ago when I forgot that Farmer Tami didn't take plastic money, but I underestimated how much sales tax would be and was almost a dollar short (73 cents, to be exact). One of our preschool parents bailed me out, so I am now even steven with Farmer Tami and was able to pay back the parent when I got back to my car. Fortunately, the mums are GORGEOUS and totally worth it!
5. Tuesday night was Pink Out night at the home volleyball game. They honored me and my sweet friend Jenny, and it was a very special night.
6. My College Boy has fall break this week, so Wednesday, I picked him up and brought him (and his laundry) home. For the first time since he left for school in mid-August, I went to sleep knowing all my baby birds were in the nest for the night.
7. My husband and I drove what should be an hour trip to watch Emma play volleyball Thursday night in a monsoon. We couldn't go more than about 50 mph on the highway, with tractor-trailers passing us and throwing water all over the car. I was driving and stayed behind the same car the entire way, because just about the only thing I could see through the rain was those tail lights. The good news is we made it safely, and eventually, I was able to unclench my hands.
8. Two weeks ago, I took our cat, Fletcher, to the vet, because he had licked all the fur off his belly and was ralphing up food and hairballs. He got a steroid shot, and his fur is starting to grow back in, but he's still throwing up quite a bit. The vet ran a blood test on him, and it appears he may have pancreatitis. Not so thankful about that, but at least we know what's bothering him. And he has it in common with my dad (obviously, it runs in the family). They can commiserate about their dietary restrictions.
|He is SO not thrilled.|
9. At my oncology appointment this week, he told me I could take Aleve twice daily for the bone pain (I asked to pop them like Skittles and this was our compromise). I'm still awake a lot at night, but at least I'm not lying there, taking inventory of everything that hurts.
10. The windows are open tonight and a delightfully cool breeze is coming in my bedroom. It's going to be a good sleeping night!
How 'bout you? What are YOUR thankfuls this week? Link up with us, below.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude</ a>, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal</ a>, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group