1. My husband's birthday was Monday. He's older than me.
2. My daughter, the permit driver, drove to volleyball practice Monday evening, and she didn't sideswipe a car on the way there, and by that, you may deduce that she had a close call. Which she did, if you think 6 inches is close.
3. Spring Break for the College Boy, and he's been home all week. Minimal bickering between him and his sister, which means no bloodshed. Yet.
4. We had a four day week, as our preschool follows the public school calendar (even though we are a private school), and parent teacher conferences were scheduled for Friday. Four day weeks are niiiice.
5. Spring-like weather! Tuesday was our best day. I threw any lesson plans I had for my primary class that day right out the window, and we spent an hour outside playing on the playground.
|80 beautiful degrees.|
|Ruby impeding progress on my preschool project.|
7. My daughter may be one of the few kids who cannot WAIT until parent teacher conferences, so, according to her, I can hear her teachers say how wonderful she is. Fortunately, she's right; they DO say she's wonderful. And I could listen to them tell me that all day.
8. During Pre-K circle time, the kids got to tell me if they were doing anything over spring break. One of my boys said, "I haven't told my mom this yet, but I'm going to Disney World." Dream big, little man!
9. My daughter auditioned for, and made, the show choir group that she has wanted to be in since she first saw them perform when she was 5 years old. This is particularly sweet because the school is going from two mixed groups and two all girl groups to one of each when they (hopefully, and please, everyone, a collective knock on wood that this actually happens) go from the two temporary facilities where they have been attending school since the tornado to a brand new high school.
10. I posted this picture on Facebook for Throw Back Thursday. It was taken in about 1971, with a Polaroid, at the home of my two great aunts. Just looking at those hideous purple pants makes me smile; that I wore them with a red shirt only makes it better.
Find your thankfuls wherever you can and link up your post, below.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal</ a>, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Meaning of Me, The Wakefield Doctrine