Well, then, here goes nothing:
1. I am thankful "B" week is over in pre-k. We opened band-aids and stuck them on a "B" page, had a balloon blast-off, made bread, made butter, had a teddy bear picnic, used our scissors (BIG deal) to cut out a boa constrictor, and had our first fire drill (which has nothing to do with "B" week, other than making a busy week even busier).
2. I'm thankful for the laugh courtesy of my primary class. We have talked about shapes this week: we made a shape placemat, we traced shapes, we read books about shapes, and we identified shapes from flashcards. They were great at it: they pretty much all got triangle, circle and square. Most of them got rectangle and oval. A couple of them even knew octagon and pentagon. Then I showed them a half-circle (an odd choice for a flashcard, but that's the risk you take when you buy flashcards from the Dollar Spot at Target). They looked at it and said, "Taco." Can't argue with that answer.
3. I'm thankful for frozen yogurt, because it makes me think I'm eating healthfully even when we all know it's just cleverly disguised ice cream.
4. I'm thankful candy pumpkins are only available once a year and the time is now. I love every sugary good bite (and always eat the stem first, if you were wondering), even when my tongue is wearing a little candy pumpkin jacket (eat half a bag of them and you'll know what I mean). They wouldn't be as tasty if they were available all year long, and I would look like a giant pumpkin if I ate them all year long, so it all works out for the best, don't you think?
|Brach's Mellowcreme Pumpkins|
5. I am thankful for the iPhone iOS 7 update. THERE IS A LEVEL APP ON THERE NOW! DID YOU KNOW THIS?! Now I can hang things on my walls without having to go in search of a level in the mess that is our basement. Of course,that implies that I care beyond "good enough" just how straight my pictures are on my walls, but the point is, I CAN make sure they are level, if I want to, with this snazzy app.
6. I am thankful for my bathtub. It's big and deep, and I fill it with bubbles galore. And then I lie in it for hours at a time, reading, watching tv, crushing a little candy, napping.
|A little something for Jak and Clark|
7. I'm thankful that I have had a visitor from the U.K. here this week and have had a lovely time showing her around town. Look for more about this some time in the next week or so.
8. I am thankful to be contributing financially to the public library and the wing they will be naming for me, since I see a library book that I REALLY meant to renew is still sitting on my bedside table.
9. I'm thankful to have my college boy home for the weekend. With his laundry. And his appetite. And the trail of empty food containers and Coke cans left in his wake.
10. I'm very thankful that fall has finally decided to make an appearance, blessing us with delightful weather which has allowed us to sleep with the windows open. Never mind that the cats squabbled over which one of them got to sit on table by the open window, knocking a fan off onto the floor in the process. The cool breeze, the sound of crickets and frogs, the far away wail of a train, all make for a glorious night.
Be ever thankful.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I can say mama, I Want Backsies, Rewritten, Steps into Parenthood, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine