1. Well, we aren't in a drought.
2. I don't have anywhere to be tonight, which is good, because I can't swim, and that seems to be the only way I'd get there if I HAD to go somewhere.
|Local radar. That's a lot of rain.|
3. Fresh local strawberries. My parents brought me a flat of freshly picked ones from an Old Order Mennonite farm not too far from them. Sweet as sugar.
4. Strawberry shortcake.
|This would have looked even better if I had taken the picture using my light|
box I made for A to Z Challenge. If Ruby hadn't destroyed it, that is.
5. Kittens who steal strawberries and make it halfway up the stairs with one before getting caught.
|Not even sure how she did it.|
6. Not finding any other strawberries tucked away around the house by the strawberry thief (hey, they're red, they roll, and somebody just LEFT a whole flat of them on the kitchen counter, where a certain someone wasn't supposed to be in the first place).
|No strawberry shortcake for you, Ruby.|
7. Strawberry Pretzel Salad. I made it before I knew we were getting a flat of fresh strawberries, but you can never have too much strawberry stuff, can you?
8. Linda the Cold is waning. Still have a cough and a little bit of a stuffy head, but that overall crappy feeling is pretty much gone.
|Doctor's office selfie. Because I get bored when I'm waiting.|
Like my gown? Open to the front, please.
10. We have a tentative diagnosis! My poor mom has been run through the wringer with tests this spring, as her platelet count was very low with no other obvious symptoms. After a barrage of different diagnostic tests, she was diagnosed with COPD (which is not necessarily a GOOD thing, but at least it's SOMETHING) and was given two different inhalers to use (she had severe asthma as a child, which the pulmonologist feels is the cause). She hasn't felt BAD, but I have a feeling after a few weeks of using the inhalers, she will find that she was, indeed, not feeling as well as she thought, because she's going to feel so much better when she's getting more oxygen into her system.
How did your week shape up? What kind of thankfuls do you have? Link up with us. You'll be glad you did!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group