1. I'm still missing my writing mojo, but I was able to make two posts this week, one I started months ago and never quite completed and the other I wrote yesterday after completing a rather messy preschool project.
2. I took a deep breath and signed up for this year's A to Z Challenge. I'm PRETTY sure this goes on the thankful list....
3. I found a comforter and pillow shams for my daughter on sale at Sears for $14.97. I would have been even MORE thankful if she had preferred the one that was $6.92, but $14.97 is nothing to sneeze at.
4. Thanks to a teacher in-service day in the public school system on Monday, we had a four day week, although by Friday, it seemed like the longest four day week on record.
5. "Friends" on Netflix.
6. My daughter played in her first volleyball tournament of the club ball season. The day did not go well, as far as volleyball was concerned, but I did have a pretty good sandwich from the snackbar while I was there.
7. After the long, long day of volleyball, we found a Vietnamese restaurant in the town where the tournament was being held. And we had big bowls of pho, something we love but can only get where we live during the annual Marian Days festival in August, when the Ozarks weather is nothing short of delightful for an outdoor festival featuring bowls of boiling hot soup (as in 90+ degrees and high humidity).
8. While I'm in a thankful-for-food mode, I will add that I am thankful for cereal. As I write this, I am also munching on a bowl of dry Frosted Flakes - GrrrrrrrrrrrrEAT!
9. Earlier this week, the weather forecast for the weekend included a pretty good chance of rain turning to snow. Since we are out of town at a volleyball tournament, this was not a cheery forecast; however, it has since been amended to a chance of rain only. Who wants to drive in that crap, and more importantly, who wants to waste a weekend with snow when it doesn't net you a snow day?!
10. Which leads to my last thankful: spring begins in 48 days!
Did you have a long short week? Or a short long week? Look back and find your thankfuls, then link up below.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group