1. It's summer. Yes, it's hot. Yes, it's humid. Yes, we need rain. But it's SUMMER, people! No bone-chilling cold and wind. No icy crap on the streets.
2. Daisy Dillon is growing into a fine young
|Shhhh! Bedtime for biddies.|
3. My daughter enjoyed her week at team volleyball camp at Missouri State University. They have a delightful new coach, just out of college where she was on the volleyball team, and the girls are really growing as players, having played together now for a full year of school ball and then club ball and now school ball again.
|JV and Varsity Lady Eagles Volleyball|
5. We took our van to our mechanic this week, since it kept dying as you were driving along (not a good thing). He not only fixed that, HE MADE THE TAPPING SOUND THAT WAS COMING FROM THE HEATING AND COOLING UNIT GO AWAY. No more having to turn the radio up to mask the sound!
6. I got my hairs cut again. Like it now even better than when I got it cut just over a month ago. I only wish I had done it BEFORE we went to the beach. And the swamp. Especially the swamp.
7. Speaking of the beach, did you read my post about our return trip? Why the hell not? Do it.
8. Driving lessons are going well. This week, my daughter drove on the freeway for the first time. The girl who keeps saying, "I have a need for speed" found out that going 70 mph is a little daunting.
9. Ruby has been entertaining herself every night by standing on the edge of the bathtub and trying to "catch" bugs through the picture window. This means we have to turn on the bathroom light and leave it on for her, but what Ruby wants, Ruby gets.
|Ignore my work-in-progress wallpaper removal fiasco.|
10. Exactly one more month before school starts, and the new high school is expected to be completed on time. Well, most of it. The Fine Arts section will not be done until January, which should prove to be interesting, since I don't think there is an alternate plan for where to hold classes like show choir.
|It's getting closer and closer to being done.|
Join the fun, join the hop. Link YOUR Ten Things of Thankful below. Read other entries. Write comments. Watch out for shenanigans.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude</ a>, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal</ a>, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group